I didn't ride my snowmobile alot the last couple years. In fact in 2006 I put more than 3 times the miles on my bikes than my snowmobile (3,800 vs. 1,200). I did enjoy the time I spent snowmobiling. Much like cycling it is all about getting outside, going and seeing different places and hangin with freinds.
From northern Wisconsin (boy can they drink up there), Michigan's UP (Miles, 800+ in one long weekend), Wyoming (Alpine and the Big Horns only begin to describe the terrain), Idaho (Island Park is even more breathtaking than it sounds), Northern Minnesota (Bemidji, Ely, Cross Lake, Emily, Outing, Remer (insert joke if you like), Elbow Lake, Tofte, Brainerd, Walker, Emmaville, Itasca S.P., Park Rapids, Detroit Lakes, I falls, Black Duck, Crane Lake, Grand Rapids, Gilman (Ricky's New Pro X 2... Where did it go?), Duelm, I could go on...) and Montana.
I have been snowmobiling in West Yellowstone Montana for 13 years, every year for the first seven or eight years then evey other or so after that. There simply is no better place to Snowmobile. Yellowstone National Park with it's many Geysers, it's own Grand Canyon and wild life everywhere is enough in itself. There is also Lion's head, with hills galore to climb. South Plateau area has open meadows one after another. Black Canyon challanges riders to escape anywhere but the south end. Cabin Creek area has the best off trail riding, period. Again I could go on about Lake Hebgen, Red Canyon Creek (a new experiance last trip), Sawtell Peak, Big Springs, Two Top, Ponds and Mesa Falls. Each unique and spectacular.
I still plan to go back in the not to distant future, maybe someday take the kids, and the skis.
Morning in the Red Canyon Creek area, February 2007.
Atop Skyline ridge, Cabin Creek area.
No comments:
Post a Comment