11/25/07

Leftover Turkey?

Turkey day was good we had a small gathering and an unpoprtionally small turkey. There was plenty to eat but not much for leftovers, a couple sandwiches and it pretty much gone.

Friday was pretty mellow Tami did here traditional shopping and I hung out with the kids and played checkers, twister, toilet tag and jump rope. In the evening I was cleaning up my mountain bike and I found a crack in the chainstay right behind the bottom bracket. I was so bummed, I have been doing alot of mountain biking lately and planned to go saturday morning.

Saturday morning the Amo's and I went to Monticello for a lap. Since my Scalpel was wounded I had brought my cyclo-cross bike, which was a challange on the technical sections but was really fast on the open stuff. Jim, Stone, Sam and others were out working on the new sections, which are going to great. We came across a deer that had tried to cross the lake on the ice and had fallen through. It was in the middle of the lake struggling to get back up on the ice but kept slipping or breaking through. After watching for a few minutes we moved on as there was nothing we could do for it.

Now it is Sunday, man time flies. I am doing this while playing Candyland with Grace. She just won and I am not even half way! I think she cheated. I'll have to kick her but in toilet tag later!

No comments: