Tami and I went Little Falls for dinner Friday night (that right Little Falls). We went to the Black and White. At first glance it looks like a little dive but the white linnen gives a glince of hope. The service was so so, our dinning mates ordered a bottle of wine and she brought the wrong bottle, already opened, twice. The second time the Amo's didn't say anything and drank it. But the food was excelent! Top notch, top notch! The best meal I have had in Minnesota out side of Minneapolis.
After the meal we headed back to St Cloud for a Holiday/NWO8 celebration at The Shop. Had a few drinks, watched some mountain bike action and talked Skis and Bikes.
Saturday I tackled my honey do list in the morning and when I mentioned going for a ski after lunch was reminded of the errand list that was building. So I headed west into the maham that is St Cloud on a Saturday afternoon two weeks before Christmas. Two hours later after hitting the Dry Cleaners, Bank, Gas station and trying to find a pair of kids snow pants I was on my way east to the North Loop.
After I skied a lap I saw the Anderson's packing up to leave. Kyia and Mr. Anderson gave me a few tips and I went on my way. The next three laps went much better than the first as the advice made a world of difference in my technique. Thanks!
Sunday after church and lunch we went over to the Amo's to borrow from their ski cache for the wife and kids and go have a run at it. Then the 9 of us went over to Riverside and had a ball. Madelyn got in the classic track and was gone. After Grace got over her fear of falling, by falling, was smooth and steady. And Tami, who is fighting a cold had fun out side for an hour at 6 degrees.
It is bed time for the kids and I have a late hockey game in Sartell so I am done for now.
2 comments:
So, I was a little ill on Sunday when joining Jeff and the girls. But, I had at least enough energy and interest to try this cross country ski thing. I think I should get points for that!! like Jeff said, I enjoyed the skiing part, just stanging around in 6 degree weather wasn't that fun! :)
Tami
It was cold and you are a trooper.
Post a Comment