12/12/07

Night Ski

I went to the North Loop to ski right after work. Man it gets dark fast. I got in about two laps before it got dark, then did two more. After I was done I checked my split times and laps 3 and 4 were faster than 1 and 2. I may try to ski more after dark. All 4 laps were consistant though 16:17 to 16:32 but not an easy work out as my average heart rate was 152. Hopefully I can get both to come down as I get more efficient on skis.

I am starting to feel comfortable on the skis, most of the time. I can feel the instability when I don't bring my feet together and I try to hockey skate. The up hills are still tough but I think I have the down hills mastered. 8 laps in the last week at the North Loop and no wipeouts on the big downhill left-hander.

4 comments:

Ben said...

Great!
I went out grooming last night around 9:00 with Kris and Kyia at the North Loop. You should hit it up now, it won't be so hard packed and nicer on the 'ol body!
Ben

Jeffro said...

I would love to but I am busy until the weekend.
How long is a loop?

Lunatic Biker said...

Not related to skiing...thanks for helping me push the 'Ditch The Word Verification' campaign.

Jeffro said...

No problem... until I am blamed for a spam outbreak.