I went out for round two of my quest to learn to ski last night. Yes, I think it is a Quest.
I went to Riverside a little before 5 and skied two and a half loops. It went ok, I keep having to tell myself to slow down and glide as the hockey player in me keeps trying to come through. Every once and a while I have to quit using my poles and think speed skating and it’s longer smoother strides than hockey. Playing hockey is all about reacting, quick starts, quick stops and accelerations. Skiing demands more consistency and rhythm.
After 45 min of steady skiing my lower back and calves were killing me so quit for the night. Man have I got a long way to go before February.
The trail conditions were much better than Sunday and that helped a lot. I did leave a few divots in the trail from my hand, knee and rear.
Down hills are still scary and up hills are still tough but I am starting to feel comfortable on the flats.
Does anyone know the length of the Riverside loop? Skinnyski list 15k but the loop in the park isn’t that long. I am going to guess around 2k???
2 comments:
Don't tell anyone, but I left a sitzmark on the North Loop (and that was on classic skis).
Classic or Skate some of those down hills are scary!
Post a Comment