12/3/07

Snowy Sunday

Sunday the kids and I were out in the snow just about all day. We shoveled our driveway (yes they helped), built a neat snow fort out of one of the piles, got out their little XC 120 snowmobile and pulled each other around in a sled behind it and went sledding at Riverside.

We went over to the Shop to pick up my skis and I got a few tips. I met the Amo’s at riverside and they really helped me get the feel of it. After Bryan took away my poles and had me point toward my glide ski with my opposite hand and Sheila told me to think speed skating it started to come together. After a couple short laps of that we grabbed the poles and went through the different techniques, V1, V2, open field, etc. All in all it felt pretty good, down hills are scary and up hills are tough, but not bad for my first time out.

I had a hockey game also last night and it felt weird skating after skiing, but it came back quick.

The Wild are winning again, they beat Vancouver last night and now lead them by 2 points atop the Northwest division.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a man of many talents!! Go honey, go!

Jeffro said...

You know it Baby!