1/25/08

After tuesday's Ski I took wednesday off. My leggs were feeling sore. Especially the out sides of my ankles probably from trying to get an edge on the firm icy trails.

Thursday I was on the trainer for an hour but it hurt.

Tonight another hour on the trainer but it felt much better, two twenty minutes efforts averaging 330 watts. I kind of suprised myself being able to go that hard on that damn machine indoors with two kids distracting me. Grace did manage to do 125 one sided revolutions on Tami's eliptical machine. I am not sure on her counting but I didn't care because I was laghing so hard. It looked really hard.

The power meter has really changed the way I ride indoors and makes it alot more tolerable. I am a numbers guy and really look forward to going through each ride when I am done. So if i get too into blogging about my wattage numbers in the future and you don't like it here is a site for you. Watts Suck I have also drastically changed how I spend my time on the bike. We'll see if it works.

A two hour ski is on tap for tomorrow and then the NHL All stars Skills competition. Go Gabby!

Jimmer has done something bold on his blog that I may try. He is posting his body weight and his goal. To make mine look good I am probably going to go back and start from the begining of January when I was at my peak.

1 comment:

Doc said...

Numbers are VERY important while training. Trust me, I'm a doctor. The reason they're important is that they distract you from thinking about how painful those intervals really are.

When it comes time to race, throw out all the numbers, because they only serve to set a mental barrier to winning. IMHO.