I got out after work and skied at Quarry park for two hours after work tonight. My goal was to try to get in 6 laps (21k) in 2 hours.
Lap 1 - I found it a little hard to get used to the snow and my finger were a little cold - after all it was only 4 degrees.
Lap 2 - Fingers felt better but other parts really got cold (twig and berries) not good! I took a break and went to my truck and grabbed an extra hat I had along and shoved it down my underwear and headed off.
Lap 3 - I am sure I looked like a fool but I was warm!
Lap 4 - Strange lap, it seemed like I stumbled around the whole way. Also I think I stepped on every twig (no berries) and leaf on the trail. I even hooked a tree with my ski tip and fell in a narrow section.
Lap 5 - I just about quit after #4 but I didn't want to end the night like that so I forced my self to do one more and it went smooth.
Lap 6 - I was on a roll but also getting cold so I hit my remote start on the Avalanche and let it warm up while I finished the last one.
21k in 1 hour 56 min, it is along way from the Birkie's 51k but I feel great after a hot shower and some home made tortalini soup.
3 comments:
This is exactly the type of post I've been waiting for. Kudos.
I thought a penis reference would get your attention.
Wind shorts...they work!
Ben
Post a Comment