6/4/12

June

Friday after work Tami and I went down to Big Lake for her neice's graduation ceremony, hard to believe she is graduating already! Congrats to her. After we went out for pizza and a few beers with her family.

Saturday I got for a good ride up the river on one side to Little Falls and back down the other. I don't get to do that ride too often but it is sure nice. Just shy of 4 hours, 75 miles. Then I retrieved our kids from their sleep overs and came home and mowed the lawn. Grace and I whipped up some homemade Mac N Cheese to go with some burgers and sweet potatoes for dinner then a pontoon ride with Ferrell's.

Sunday after a big breakfast I went out for a couple laps at the North Loop on the Mountain bike. A good chunk of the trail is closed yet due to the rain we have gotten but what was open was fun. Then off to butcher chickens at Nelson's. 5 of us Killed, Plucked, Cleaned and vacum-sealed for freezing 50 chickens he has been raising from chicks. I was pretty grossed out at first but once we got into a routine we were a machine. Golden Plump aint got nothing on us!

Here I am holding the chickens in thier juggs while they flop around after losing thier heads.
Today starts our super busy summer. We have soccer Mondays and Wednesdays (coaching and cheering) from 5:30 - 9:00, Tuesdays and Thursdays are my nights to ride and Friday nights and all day Saturday Tami has Class to get her teaching license. I can't wait until Sunday!

No comments: