Out at 7 am yesterday on my weekly quest to get a good long mountain bike ride in around St Cloud, Not nearly as good as last week. Colder temps had me struggling to keep my feet or fingers warm. North Loop was very icy from the warm weather and re-freeze and I fell a couple times despite the slow pace. The frozen ground made me wonder if it hurts more to fall on pavement or this, at least the pavement is smooth the ground around the trail has sticks, rocks and frozen dirt chuncks to tear at your skin.
The trail pre-dawn
I tried to ride the river but kept breaking through.
Back up the riverbank to Riverside park.
Snowmaking for skiing
After visiting with Amo who was helping with the snowmaking I decided to bag the rest of my outdoor ride as my fingers were froze so I went home to spin for the rest of my workout and warm up. About a half hour into my spin and an Indiana Jones movie my rear tire blew. DONE.
Today after a quick spin, Church, lunch at Green Mill and a nap I put a coat of paint on the cabinet I am working on for our kitchen then went to hockey where we lost.
No comments:
Post a Comment