9/3/11

I'm Not Fond of the Fondo

So I signed up to go to Santa Rosa with Mark, Charlie and Mark's freind Lor. When I signed up the Gran (100 mile) route was full so I entered the Medio (65 mile) route. 65 miles is enough for me plus I would get to try to put the hurt on Patrick Dempsy (McDreamy) who I hear is not a great cyclist. I was content.

I'm not sure what changed my mind but I decided to get a swap and upgrade to the Gran route. They have a Facebook page to post on to connect with others trying to Swap routes or just get entries to the ride. I have never been on Facebook before and after this hope never to again. I can't stand it, it makes no sense and is very frustrating. After three days of getting pissed off trying to get my swap I finally found someone looking to down grade from the Gran to the Medio.

Now I need to find a way to be able to ride 100 miles with 10,000 feet of climbing in 4 weeks, wish me luck.

No comments: