3/9/09

Uncle Jeffro, again.

My brother Phil and his wife Laurie were due to have their first baby on March 1st so this past weekend we had planned to go to Walker and stay with my parents, who came home earlier in the week, and see baby Sora. Friday night when we got up there they still hadn't had her yet but we couldn't get ahold of them. Phil finally called us Saturday evening with the good news. They had gone in around midnight Friday and she was born at 4:36 Saturday afternoon. I'll post some pictures when I get them.

While we were waiting I realized my mountain bike had stowed away in the Avalanche so I went out for a ride. I found some snowmobile tracks in Chippewa National forest that were nice and firm to ride...
and some that had a crust on top but just couldn't hold me up and I broke through a couple inches...
I found enough hardpack to ride out about 1.5 hours and could have gone further but it was getting late so I headed back.


Check out that spoke pattern...

1 comment:

Monica said...

It's a good thing you're so great at the "uncle" job. :) Tell Phil and Laurie congrats. I got a chuckle on your comment "realized my mtn bike had stowed away"... open the back. Wow, how did that get in there? lol