9/14/08

Cheq 40

Back from Wisconsin and the Cheq 40. As always a great event and a lot of fun. The usual race for me, too hard from the start, forced myself to ease of and settle in to a good pace, Kill myself on firetower hill, ease off again, give it all up and pass a half dozen (sorry John and Mike) at the line. Still unable to break the 3 hour mark(3:03). Tami took some pictures at the start and the finish I may post later otherwise Skinny Ski I am sure has some. (See Links)

The new Scalpel worked and felt great for only having one ride on it before the race.

Stayed at some friends parents cabin by Stone Lake. It was sure nice to be away from the chaos and crowds especially since the weather was crappy after the race. Thanks Erickson's.

Next weekend is the Single track Escape (MNSCS Race) on Saturday and the Pork Chop Cyclocross (MCF) on Sunday. Both are right in St Cloud and are alot of fun, be there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw you and John racing each other at the finish, looked strong in the matching Rev jerseys. Tried to find you after but lost ya in the sea of humanity.
Charlie

Jeffro said...

Yeah John (Licht) passed me with about 6 to go then I caught on the last climb and just got by him at the line, by .5 seconds. I yelled "sprint to the line John" on the downhill.

Somewhere in the last run in I passed Mike Baldwin too, I see he was two places behind John.

3 St Cloudians in 5 spots!

I washed the bike, had a celeratory beer then it got really cold so we left.

Anonymous said...

Are you gonna change your blog name to "Birkie Quest" again
Charlie