9/21/09

Cheq after thoughts

I felt way better yesterday and today than the previous 4 Cheq 40's I've done. That brings up the question that popped into my head around the 1/2 way point of the race, could I have gone faster. Usually after the race all I can do is sit on the ground and sip my drink for about an hour, this year I was showered, and had two bottles of water, a burger and a beer in me before the hour mark.

During the race I downed 4 - 20 oz bottles of energy drink, a pack of shot blocks, 4 gels, two bananas, and 3 cups of water. Although I did start to cramp with 7 miles to go, I slowed down for a few minutes and avoided anything major.

The cold, or what my doctor told me today was probably a case of walking pneumonia, didn't hurt me too bad until after the race, then I couldn't stop hacking. My average heart rate was 165 bpm for the 2:49 minutes, high for me for that duration.

I was 575th out of 1,778 starters. The winning time of Brian Matter was 2:02, for an average speed of a whopping 19.9 mph. The slowest time was 6:15, now that takes guts.

Well off to take my anti-biotics and put ointment in my daughters eye.

No comments: