I rocked the Spunk Lake Road Race, for about 10 minutes. At the end of the first lap (of three) I got antsy, went to the front, worked too hard and popped. I lost contact with the group and finished the last two laps on my own.
As it turned out the winner of group (cat 4,5) averaged 24 mph, faster than any other group. Although the Masters 35+ and Cat 1,2,3 groups did 1 and 2 more 17 mile laps.
I was at the Shop yesterday and got the scoop on the 2010 mountain bikes. Both Jamis and Cannondale have a new carbon fiber 29er coming out and Jamis has a 650b (1/2 way between the old standard 26” mountain wheel and a 29er).
Thursday I leave for Winter Park for real mountain biking, I can’t wait!
Bernie and I trying to catch our respective groups. Picture from Skinnyski.com
No comments:
Post a Comment