On the first lap of 3 Saturday I got caught out in the brutal cross wind and popped off the back of the pack. Mark slowed up on the hill and together we caught a Loon State rider right before the end of the lap. The Loonie and I continued to pick up a couple riders on lap two including Kern. I gave up after two laps and Kern and the Loonie continued.
I hate quitting races, I can only remember quitting one other race. It felt so good to quit the second I let up but I have been regretting it since. As I read the restults I realized there were 5 riders behind so if I would have finished I would have been 34th out of 39 finishers instead of a DNF. Bummer.
The Xenith felt fast. I am not comfortable on it yet but that will come. I was still adjusting the seat right up untill race time and could tell after the race and yesterday my position is different. The deeper rims threw me a few times in the cross winds right away but I really like the way they feel and sound.
No comments:
Post a Comment