7/21/08

TOGC

I raced the 2nd annual Tour of Granite country this past weekend. After the rain delay and start time mix up Saturday morning it went good and the weather cooperated for the most part.

The circuit race was the most fun. The pace yo-yoed from a nice easy ride to all out just to keep up. It was a hard weekend and I haven’t been feeling to strong the last few weeks.

I haven’t seen the results yet but I am quite sure I was DFL after two stages. I pulled out of the road race ½ way through, first time I have ever quit a race.

The next few weeks before the State road race I am going to switch my training to a little different approach to see if I can make some progress. Chequamegon is less than 8 weeks away and I need to really work hard if I am going to break the elusive, for me, 3 hour mark. Let the Quest begin!

 

No comments: